19 March 2014

Baby Shower


Hello Wednesday! It's hump-day, so I figured it's a good day to drop in and share some pictures with you from the baby shower a friend and I hosted on Sunday. The mom-to-be chose an afternoon tea-time party, so I made three sweat treats, and a guest brought a wonderful cake.


Starting from the bottom: my Fudgy Hazelnut Chocolate, Heidi's Almond Cake with Buttermilk Icing, and Jeanine's Raspberry Crumble Bars. I was extremely happy with how everything turned out - I knew Heidi and Jeanine would not let me down!




Baby showers are a decidedly American tradition. So this was a new experience for the Swedish mom-to-be and her guests. But I think it was well-received. We enjoyed each other's company, played a few games, and opened baby presents.  It was a relaxing and special way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was amazing, thank you so much Katie for all the lovely treats and the beautiful decorations! The raspberry crumble tarts were amazing, I think I had four... I guess the baby loved them too :) Hugs from the mom-to-be, still happy from the wonderful afternoon with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all my pleasure and such a fun afternoon!

      Delete
  3. It was really fun at the baby shower... my first one;-) What a beautiful afternoon at your place. I loved the fudgy chocolate;-) Thanks a lot for your hospitality. Your blog is amazing and i already suscribed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, thank you so much for your sweet comment! It was wonderful to meet you and I'm so glad the baby shower was a good first experience! ;-)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Cooksnaps